Sympatico slow

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 19 23:08:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:11:53 -0400
Byron L. Sonne disseminated the following:

> > I thought only cable Internet access has this issue.
>
> Nope, any of use that buy from greedy corporations who run their budgets
> as close to the wire, gouging for cash without screwing the customer so
> bad that too many will leave, will suffer from this problem.
>
> Technology has nothing to do with it, it's the assholes that run the
> companies that do. And the assholes-by-proxy, the shareholders, who
> insist on having us screwed so that they can reap as phat returns as
> possible.

Careful, yer starting to sound like me ;-)

Anyhow, I just spoke with a supervisor at Symcraptico and let them know that
they had made a *huge* mistake, that up until their hookup with MS I had very
little to complain about, and that I would be initiating a switch to another ISP
within 24 hours.

Now I just have to wait for the fscking IStop web page to load...

Anything anyone can tell me about what I should have ready for the switch? I
already have an Alcatel Speed Touch modem and a router that manages my internet
connection, should be pretty seamless, no?

--
JoeHill RLU / #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
19:02:06 up 76 days, 18:51, 8 users, load average: 0.47, 0.21, 0.07