Penguin Days Toronto

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 17 21:04:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 02:58:47PM -0400, Noah John Gellner wrote:
> If you purchase in advance the fee is $50. The fee goes to facitlities,
> food, and travel expenses for some presenters.  The event is not
> planned as a money maker and organizers, including myself, are mostly
> volunteer.

Presenting what?  I thought this was informal get-together between NGOs
and Linux guys, sort of pre-RFP.  They tells us their problems, and we
says how much Linux solution will cost them.  I didn't know it would be
another scam.

> I hope that the cost will not be an insurmountable barrier. I believe
> that the event has the potential to begin the process of bridging the
> gap between civil action types and tech types.

The cost is not a barrier.  But, there is no concrete objective to this
meeting.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>