Call to arms! A new GUI for Linux

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 17 04:01:11 UTC 2004

> OP is under mistaken notion that GUI will lead to more Linux sale.  It's
> application which sells OS, not the other way.

OP is not under mistaken notion. The apps are here, but they work
together poorly. Especially now, we have a two-year window while
Microsoft futzes with Longhorn and people are realizing that there are
other options out there for their choice of operating system. Right
now if they attempt to use Linux they'll be sorely dissapointed. Why
don't we have something that provides something "different" and
"better"? It should at least have the hallmarks of a system that is
well thought-out, organized and consistent. None of these features
exist in Linux today.

Cheers,
Aaron.