Open Source Jobs

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 16 23:45:05 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 19:37 -0400, Henry Spencer wrote:
> Many people who don't get a
> degree because they don't like the university/college environment wouldn't
> be very happy in an entry-level job in a sizable company either.

An excellent point.

I teach at a college with a heavy co-op program, and I notice this a
lot... the students who seem to "like college" the most do the best in
their co-op placements, even if they are not the high-scoring students.
I always thought that this was due to a love for the subject (in this
case biochemistry), but now that you mention it, it could mostly be due
to their compatibility with the organizational structure.

Austin