Call to arms! A new GUI for Linux

Igor Denisov denisov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 16 21:33:24 UTC 2004

Rather than create whole new GUI, can you not just use the existing
components and bring your vision to life by modifying them? (that is,
without watering down your idea or making this project into a desktop
theme)

Also, what you describe somehow reminds me of the old school Norton
Commander, keyboard-based, lots of tabbing, switching, etc.

What people seem to consider 'intuitive', esp. in Windows is usually
what they find familiar. Not necessarily easy, or simple, like going
to 'View' in MS Word to _insert_ a header/footer, rather than
'Insert', not really GUI-relatd, just my pet peeve :-)

What exactly is the point/goal of this new GUI?
Do you want it to become a major alternative or just a fun and creative concept?

Good luck with the project,

Igor