OT -> Toronto telephone service provider

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 15 19:27:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 05:24:07PM -0400, G. Matthew Rice wrote:
> David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > I am ditching the MSN loving Sympatico for istop. I have been talking to
> > bell about changes to the service and found myself wondering "is there a
> > better provider of residential / business telephone service ?" As I was
> > only asking myself, I got no good answer, but perhaps a more
> > telephonically inclined TLUG lister might know ??
>
> Well, if you have a DSL connection already, check out:
>
>         http://www.vonage.ca
>
> Starnix is not going to have 'landlines' in another week.  All VOIP.

Speaking of VoIP stuff.  You need an internet connection of decent speed
for that of course.

Nwo the question is:
Can you get DSL service without having an active phoneline?

If no, can you get DSL service if your phoneline is handled by anyone
but Bell?

I know the answer to both of these 2 or 3 years ago was no.  Is it still
the case?

Has anyone tried?

Lennart Sorensen