OT -> Toronto telephone - pots - NOT isp !

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 15 15:13:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, James Knott wrote:
> As far as I know, Bell is currently your only choice.  Even if you were
> to get it from someone else, you'd still have to use Bell wires.

Note, though, that it can be an improvement to have a knowledgeable
middleman with business clout dealing with Bell on your behalf.  What's
wrong with Bell isn't the wires or the boxes on the other end of the
wires, it's the clueless help-desk staff.

Of course, if your chosen middleman turns out to *also* be clueless, that
makes things exponentially worse.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org