OT -> Toronto telephone service provider

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 14 22:25:00 UTC 2004

David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> writes:
> >         http://www.vonage.ca
>
> Interesting but confusing; if the service requires DSL, and DSL requires
> a landline, don't you already have telephone service ?? For long

I've heard of people with DSL on disconnected phone lines.  I dunno.  Forgot
about that ponhe line for DSL thing.  You could always go another way for
broadband, though.

> > Starnix is not going to have 'landlines' in another week.  All VOIP.
>
> is not ?? no landlines ? in a month ? year ? ever ?

Well, our last day in our old offices with regular lines is next Friday.
After that, it'll be VOIP over a T1 [not our T1, provided by landlord].
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>         starnix, thornhill, ontario, ca
phone: 905-771-0017 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20