OT -> Toronto telephone service provider

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 14 21:34:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 17:03 -0400, David J Patrick wrote:
> I am ditching the MSN loving Sympatico for istop. I have been talking to
> bell about changes to the service and found myself wondering "is there a
> better provider of residential / business telephone service ?" As I was
> only asking myself, I got no good answer, but perhaps a more
> telephonically inclined TLUG lister might know ??

For the last 5 years I've had nothing but broadband internet and a cell
phone.  As long as you don't use much long distance, it's barely more
than land line, and far more convenient.  Only PITA is forgetting to
recharge the phone, and the fact that most cell phones only last 2 or 3
years.

Never missed the land line.  Oh except for once, a credit card company
refused my application because I didn't have a land line (weird).  Their
loss... I just went with someone else.  Vive la free market.

Austin