Apache - mod_ssl question

Marc Lijour (Professeur d'Informatique) marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 14 01:32:46 UTC 2004

Hi

I have installed a couple of webapps (php for the most part) that require
authentication.

I call the experts (you) in order to know:
- what is the best authentication (it is not a FBI site - I just need fair
protection from sniffing around for example)
- I made the sites run under ssl before. But now that is broken (and I don't
know why). Do you have an idea about making the site run under ssl (it works
for some but not for all).

I run apache2:
apache2-mod_ssl-2.0.50-4mdk
apache2-2.0.50-5mdk

I run a couple of virtual-host that are name-based (one IP for all of them).
(I also know that ssl is not working for all hosts, I just need one of them to
work witth ssl).
I have this in my scripts (that did work not so long ago): inside a Directory
directive:
## To force https connection
#    <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
#       SSLRequireSSL
#       SSLRequire %{SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE} >= 128
#    </IfModule>

Thanks for the pointers.

Marc