printing to my windows machine

Brad Fonseca linuxbrad-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 11 22:15:07 UTC 2004

UPDATE:

I turned off windows' firewall and tried the following:

[root at localhost linuxbrad]# smbclient -L 192.16x.x.xx0
added interface ip=192.16x.x.xx2 bcast=192.168.x.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
session request to 192.16x.x.xx0 failed (Called name not present)
session request to 192 failed (Called name not present)
Password: ******
Domain=[MSHOME] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        Funny stuff    Disk
        My Documents   Disk
        IPC$           IPC       Remote IPC
        print$         Disk      Printer Drivers
        SharedDocs     Disk
        My Pictures    Disk
        brad_deskjet   Printer   hp deskjet 930c series
        printer1       Printer   HP DeskJet 930C/932C/935C

        Server               Comment
        MSBRAD               Brad's Puter

        Workgroup            Master
        MSHOME               MSBRAD
[root at localhost linuxbrad]#

I replaced the ip addresses for security purposes.  I still can't print.

Brad