Penguin Days Toronto

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 11 21:42:58 UTC 2004

The event is structured to be non-hierarchical. The idea is to create an
environment that allows technical and non-technical participants
communicate their interests. The not-for-profit people are interested to
learn more about open source both what it means as a philosophy and what
it can do practically. Consequently, even if someone is fairly new in
the technology world, they will still have a lot to contribute.
Furthermore, being able to share ways in which you have used open source
tools to solve problems, or conceive of using the tools to solve
problems is valuable. As a technologist the event allows more
understanding about how people are using tech and what they are looking
for.

I have spent the last year or so focusing on using Linux and open source
tools for day to day tasks. I enjoy meeting and overcoming challenges
when there is a particular problem for which a solution isn't
immediately obvious. The problem for me is that on my own I have pretty
much identified all the potential issues that I face. One advantage of
working with other people to address their problems is that it deepens
your own understanding about what the technology can and can't do.

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 17:26 -0400, Adam Raymond wrote:
> Well, I'd love to be involved some how. But I'm not sure how I can contribute.
>
> - Adam Raymond
<snip>