TLUG Inc? Membership Dues?

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 11 03:33:45 UTC 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> > My understanding [from someone that knows Adrian], is that he's
> > offered to 'hand over' tlug.org a couple [or more] years ago.  It just
> > seems that no one has taken him up on the offer.
>
> If there can't "legally" be an organization in Toronto called TLUG, then
> it's somewhat irrelevant.

Not really.  Organizations, like people, can be known by names which are
not their full legal names.  For example, the corporation which owns
hp.com is only informally known as HP; that is not their full legal name
(even disregarding various recent corporate upheavals).

There *is* an organization in Toronto known as TLUG, and it makes sense
for it to have tlug.org, even if the name on its incorporation papers is
somewhat different due to legal snags.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org