looking for a cross platform (Linux/MS) accounting package

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 8 21:15:28 UTC 2004

Leigh Honeywell wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 14:03, Madison Kelly wrote:
>

>>Thanks Leigh! I will check them out now. Are any a personal favourite?
>>

>I've poked around in GNUcash and it seems excellent and powerful.  To be
>honest though... my dad still does my taxes so I don't really have any
>idea :-)
>
>-Leigh
>
>--
>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

http://www.sql-ledger.org

 From their site:

-snip-
SQL-Ledger is a double entry accounting system. Accounting data is
stored in a SQL Server, for the display any text or GUI browser can be
used. The entire system is linked through a chart of accounts. Each item
in inventory is linked to revenue, expense, inventory and tax accounts.
When you sell and purchase goods and services the accounts are
automatically updated.

With the assembly feature you can build manufactured goods from parts,
services and assemblies. When you sell assemblies all the accounts
linked to the individual parts, services and assemblies are updated and
stock levels adjusted accordingly. If any item belonging to an assembly
is changed all assemblies are updated as well.

Invoices, Packing List, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Sales and
Purchase Order, Statements, Receipts and Checks are generated from
templates and can be changed to suit your needs. Templates are provided
in html and tex format. The tex templates are processed with latex to
produce postscript and PDF documents and can be sent to a printer,
displayed in a PDF viewer or sent out via email ...

SQL-Ledger can be used on any UNIX, Mac OS X and Windows computer. The
application is written in Perl, developed on FreeBSD and Linux with
Galeon, Konqueror, Netscape, Lynx, Links, W3M, Voyager, Explorer to
render the display, Apache, thttpd, boa to communicate between the
server and the browser, and PostgreSQL, Oracle, or DB2 to store
accounting data.
-snip-

--
" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
       And decide to replace them with something stronger"
		 jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org