CAD program that can work with DXFs?

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 8 14:17:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:15:57 -0400
Steve <bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there exists a linux CAD program that can read
> (open) DXF files??
>
> Thanks.

Steve,

   The free downloadable version of QCAD uses DXF as its file format.

   http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad.html

   I have not tried the commercial version of it yet.  I am kind of hoping it has its own native format now, since the DXF save loses some data format.  Also, I would like to see blocks like the ones in AutoCAD.  I can manage all its other limitations.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howard-42qnO8ePF9cV+D8aMU/kSg at public.gmane.org