Linux in the TDSB

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 7 21:33:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Anton Markov wrote:

> setscreen("graphics:640;480)
> drawfilloval(100,100,40,40,red)
>
> would draw a circle at (100,100) with a radius of 40 and red in color. I
> am sure it would be trivial to write a library implementing something
> similar in Python. It makes learning programming fun for the more
> "artistic" people.

Uh, setscreen() brings back memories of qbasic and zx spectrum. Tcl is at
least as easy (and introduces oop and set operations to boot). Whatever
happened to Logo ? Logo was suitable for such simple tasks (and much
more). I think that there is a Logo implementation for Linux (but if there
isn't a subset could be implemented in Tcl in 1 day).

In tcl the circle is done like:

canvas .c1
pack .c1
.c1 create circle 100 120 80