proftpd port <> 21

SlackRat ab460-0l1pH2CMacvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 7 23:34:21 UTC 2004

I do not seem to be able to run proftpd on any posrt other than 21 when
launching proftpd via inetd.

The problem is _not_ iptables related.

No matter what port I specify in /etc/proftpd.conf (except 21) the specified
port will not work. But no matter what port I specify in /etc/proftpd.conf the
ftp server is accessible on port 21

By switching the call from ``inetd'' to ``standalone'' in /etc/proftpd.conf
and startiing proftpd via a call to proftpd in /etc/rc.d/rc.local I get
connected on _any_ port specified in /etc/proftpd.conf.

Weird.

Anybody have any ideas? Particularly slack-current users?

I have never run proftpd before, having preferred Xitami, but now have a need
for a second server.

--
Slackrat