Linux in the TDSB

Andy Jack f.e.jack-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 7 18:44:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 02:13:28PM -0400, Taavi Burns wrote:
<much Python praise snipped>
> As a bonus, there is at least one FREE textbook you can use for the class:
> http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/
>
> There are many other good books (for $$) on the topic as well, in addition
> to the excellent resources on the Python website:
> http://www.python.org

I'd also take a peek at:

http://www.diveintopython.org

... another free python Book.

And "How to think like a Computer Scientist":

http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy

I'm trying to stretch my Python wings (shake my Python rattle?  wait,
Python's don't have rattles... okay the analogy is dead, move along,
nothing to see...) and I've found both these free online books quite
good.

Regards,
Andy