Buying something new

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 7 16:57:36 UTC 2004

On Oct 7, 2004, at 10:40 AM, Steve wrote:

> Is there a particular distro or flavour of linux that you want/need to
> use with this hardware.

I've used Solaris and BSD and a few Linux distributions, so I'm not too
fussy about types of installers and directory layouts.  I'm using SuSE
8.1 on the Dell at the moment, but want to upgrade to a newer KDevelop
with built-in support for wxWidgets (...and since that has both desktop
and base library implications, I don't want to do it in pieces).  If
that means SuSE 9.1, I'm happy; if something else can get me there with
better hardware support, that's just fine too.

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714