Linux in the TDSB

Igor Denisov denisov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 6 01:13:09 UTC 2004

Alright, looking at the responses, my own and friends' experiences,
and a bunch of distro reviews, I think it would be a good idea to, for
now, go with debian

apt-get will be a huge 'selling point' and I think synaptic (sorry,
not link) is a GUI for it, which should make things extra-nice

it might be too early to think of how to distribute this over the
network / through cds with the image, this will have its place after I
can secure a permission to actually put the sstem on the network

I'll keep everyone up to date as the project progresses

Igor