Konq + The Globe & Mail

Matt Cahill m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 5 18:08:35 UTC 2004

I'm looking for some verification here...

I'm using Konqueror  3.2.2 (under KDE 3.2.3), and I've had terrible times
cruising around http://www.theglobeandmail.com.  Homepage comes up always
without problem, however more often than not, when I follow a link to a
story, the browser freezes cold.  The tricky thing is this:  if I follow the
link while by-passing the homepage (eg cutting/pasting into a new session of
Konq), then it's fine.  It seems to freeze only when using the Globe & Mail
homepage as a link-base.

For example:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20041005.w3sub1005/BNStory/National/

The above link loads fine from a new session, but if I follow the same link
from the homepage, it freezes.

How would I go about figuring if this was a problem with the coding on the
Globe site, or a problem with Konq?  Can anyone else replicate this?

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matt Cahill