WYSIWYG Editor

Hoshil N. Desai hoshildesai-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 5 12:13:39 UTC 2004

I wanted to thank everyone for the links and information.  The HTMLArea tool
from interactive worked best.

We have tried various Open Source CMS tools out there and all of them are
excellent tools, but they all lacked in the work-flow area one way or the
other.  We are a large organization and only a few people are allowed to
update/edit/delete live content on the website and individuals and groups
are allowed to create content but not allowed to make it live until certain
level of administration approved it, also there was certain areas where part
of the content could be made live and the rest of it required some sort of
authorization. None of the Open Source tools gave us any real control over
the work-flow.  I am not saying that the work-flow level does not exist but
it's not enough for our organization.

Secondly, we have a C++ based rule engine which defines all the work-flow
levels, and instead of porting the rule engine, it was just easier creating
a CMS that would work effortlessly with our rule engine.

On top of that, our CMS tool took two weeks and 4 programmers to accomplish
6 great modules, all with their specific department level or area level work
flows.

Thank you all for the links/information.