WYSIWYG Editor

Stephen Allen kru_tch-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 4 19:36:51 UTC 2004

Hoshil N. Desai wrote:

<snip>

> Does anyone know why IFRAMES are not supported in the above named
> browsers, one reason I can think of is security, does any one of a way
> around them?

iFrames are supported in Mozilla derivatives, at least any of the ones I've
worked with, Mozilla and Firefox.

> If anyone knows of a WYSIWYG editor that works under the above named
> browsers, please let me know the trick they use to make it work.

There are some OSS Editors over at Freshmeat, which the plethora of other OSS
CMSes often use themselves. One example is; <http://www.eznetedit.com>

You could take one of the OSS CMSes, and use their editor code, assuming your
CMS is going to be OSS itself.

Just wondering, why would your organization sees the need for yet another CMS,
when there are so many good ones available already?