WYSIWYG Editor

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 4 16:21:03 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 10:25:06AM -0400, Hoshil N. Desai wrote:
> We are developing a Web Based Content Management Solution for our internal
> staff use.  This tool is not going to be commercially sold or distributed
> with any of our other products.
>
> We have developed a WYSIWYG editor using Java and IFRAMES, only to discover
> (towards the end of the development cycle) that the editor does not work
> under Netscape, Mozilla and most importantly Safari Browser (Mac - Most of
> our content developers work with them).
>
> Does anyone know why IFRAMES are not supported in the above named browsers,
> one reason I can think of is security, does any one of a way around them?
>
> If anyone knows of a WYSIWYG editor that works under the above named
> browsers, please let me know the trick they use to make it work.

Well I thought IFRAMEs were supported at least in current versions of
mozilla, but I am not entirely sure of that.

IFRAME was a microsoft extension to HTML, and I don't know if it is now
officially part of HTML or not.

Are you sure it is that IFRAMEs are not supported, and not just a
problem with the JVM or something similar?  Or perhaps trying to use
IFRAMEs in a way only IE allows them to be used?

Lennart Sorensen