:Resolved kind of... Samba and fstab

Martin Duclos tchitow-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 4 14:32:40 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Ok, so here's what I found. There is a bug in the current kernel 2.6.8-1
that comes with fedora core 2. The samba module does not honor the UID that
is specified. There is a patch available on the Samba website to address
this issue. I will try to compile the patched modules at some point this
week and see what happens.

Martin Duclos

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>Actually I tend to think konqueror smb://server/share is much simpler
>and nicer for regular users to access non permanent mounts.

Look into 'teaching' the automounter to mound smb shares. It is painless and
efficient. Also unused mounts expire (i.e. if a machine goes down there will
be less havoc)

Peter

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.
first two months FREE*.