Upgrade from Mandrake 9.1 to 10.1

Chris F.A. Johnson c.f.a.johnson-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 3 02:57:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Clive DaSilva wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am considering in upgrading my Mandrake 9.1 computer to 10.1. The mandrake
> site is sort of vague on details, but some google/linux searches seem to
> indicate its as "simple" as doing an upgrade from the 10.1 cd's.
> Has anyone here done this and if so, would they mind commenting on how it
> went ?

    I recommend doing a clean install, ideally on a separate partition,
    so you have both versions available.

    But I'd suggested not using 10.1 until the official version is
    released. Although, if you put it on a separate partition, you can
    play with it and report bugs.

--
 	Chris F.A. Johnson                      http://cfaj.freeshell.org