CompuSale Computer Show review

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 29 20:56:46 UTC 2004

Colin McGregor wrote:
> I was out at the CompuSale Computer Show and in summary I was not all that
> impressed.
>
> I took the TTC out to the show, and logistically that was fine, there is a
> TTC stop right by the International Centre, however under the deal the TTC
> has with the City of Mississauga anyone who goes beyond the airport on a TTC
> bus must pay a second transit fare, so getting out and back to the show set
> me back $4.50 (on top of my already bought Metro Pass). Then there was
> admission, which even with the discount coupon I had with me was $6, in
> other words I out $10.50 just to get in the door (grumble).

One way to get around that, is to go on Friday, with a coupon that,
along with a business card, gets you in for free. However, the show's
nowhere near what it used to be years ago.  When I first started going,
ComputerFest was held down on Queen's Quay and there was a lot of CP/M
and S-100 bus stuff.  The Radio Shack Color Computer was a new product!
  I bought my first copy of OS/2 at a ComputerFest.  In it's earlier
years, it was quite interesting and you could learn a lot.  Now, it just
seems to be a search for the lowest price.  At least they still have the
chocolate and peanut covered ice cream.  ;-)

However, with all those non-computer items being sold, I'm beginning to
feel the show's overpriced, even with free admission.  :-(