Random Sig file

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 27 02:38:11 UTC 2004

> Does anyone know how to randomly generate a sig file using
> fortune...ie...each email would be a different signature?

I have a script written in Common Lisp that I use for this purpose; it
runs every couple of minutes, and does three things:

  a) It picks an email address, and picks one of a dozen languages
     in which to express it.  For instance, the bit of code below
     is Common Lisp code that outputs one of my email addresses.

  b) It picks one of my web sites and presents a randomly selected
     URL.

  c) It walks through a Fortune-style file and picks one of the
     fortunes...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/