Help with Postfix

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 24 16:06:14 UTC 2004

I've got my mail server mostly set up on the Debian box, but I'm having one
problem, the server will not relay mail from my desktop box, refusing the
connection. Obviously I am happy Debian configures Postfix to *not* be an open
relay by default...

I went through some Postfix howto's on the web and the very heavily commented
config file on my Mandrake box, but I can't figure out which parameter to change
so that this Debian server accepts smtp transactions.

I tried adding the IP of my desktop to 'mydestination', but still no go.

I'm thinkin' it's more likely the 'mynetworks' parameter that controls access,
but I'm not sure what to put there so that hosts on the local LAN can use the
server.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
10:58:01 up 3 days, 2:07, 9 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.02