Gentoo User-isms

Lloyd D Budd foolswisdom-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 24 00:52:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:06:49 -0500, Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 11:48:37AM -0500, JoeHill wrote
>
> > You read my mind...that was my next question re Gentoo, whether there
> > was some choice about building from source or installing pre-compiled
> > binaries. Thanks!
>
>   I'm getting my feet wet in Gentoo too.

I found <http://funroll-loops.org/> recently .  I LOL .  Skip the
obnoxious intro and go directly to the sub-headings .

One of my favorites is :
"For me Gentoo is perfect. For you, perhaps not. What is really strage
about Gentoo is this: people who like it or dislike it keep constantly
refering to Gentoo-when in reality we are refering to Linux. With
othert distro's when you have problems they are problems with Redhat
or with SuSE or with Lindows. But if you have problems with Gentoo you
have problems with Linux. That's because with Gentoo you have returned
to the source."

I less "aggressive" take titled "Mandrake -> Gentoo a.k.a. "Mandrake
Expatriate Syndrome" is @ <http://greenfly.org/mes.html>

--
Peace be in you ,
Lloyd D Bud