Believed to Be Legitimate

SlackRat ab460-0l1pH2CMacvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 23 14:52:49 UTC 2004

James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Sounds phony to me. I don't see any mention of it on the Slackware site.

Firstly Patrick would not post something like that if it wasn't legitimate

Secondly it has been there for a week and a fully operational Patrick
Volkerding would have removed it ages ago if by some chance some prankster had
managed to post it into the ftp download area.

ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-current/PAT-NEEDS-YOUR-HELP.txt

The original link is on the changelogs page of the site

Thirdly Patrick has always been timely with the updates to Slackware current
and there have not been any for three weeks.

And Fourthly ''Linux Today'' is running the story.

My particular interest, besides wishing Patrick a speedy recovery, is in the
future of Slackware

--
Slackrat