which Linux distro would run on a 486 or a pentium 200 (even with MMX)

Seneca seneca-cunningham-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 23 03:37:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 08:30:12PM -0500, Jonathan Mendonca wrote:
> Just a question... I heard that it might be possible to set up one computer
> to be a server and then just use the old computer to connect to it. How
> would I set this up?

Depends upon how you want to do it.  You can run a program like minicom
on the 486 and in inittab on the newer machine tell it to run getty over
a serial port using a null modem cable.  You can build a network and ssh
in.  There are more ways, just find some method to connect the systems
and you'll probably find a server and a client that you can play around
with.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org