"Linux" motherboard

Mike Newman tlug-Kmn+IJ3LNoALdU66LFfYcQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 23 01:38:46 UTC 2004

phil wrote:
> Since it would be nice to support those who respect the community, does
> anyone know if any of the motherboard manufacturers *do* support Linux
> explicitly?

I've had a lot of luck with mobos based on the NFORCE2 chipset. NVidia
produces (proprietary :P) Linux drivers for all of the neat extras, like
the nice inbuilt sound card (with hardware mixing) and LAN card.

Unfortunatley, many people (myself included) don't see proprietary
drivers as "supporting" GNU/Linux per se. But still, it works great,
it's very fast and most boards are fairly affordable to boot.

--
Get Firefox - take back the web
http://www.getfirefox.com/