"Linux" motherboard

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 22 14:31:05 UTC 2004

On Nov 21, 2004, at 7:04 PM, Anton Markov wrote:

> Figure out what you want first. The best way to get ripped off is to
> not know what you want, what you can efford, and which features are
> you willing to compromise. If you can't figure out what you want, what
> you want specifically, maybe you don't need to buy anything at all. :)

Good suggestion.  I know exactly what I want : something fairly quick
for advanced database development, with lots of memory, reasonable disk
space, CD/DVD burning, and good expandability.  "Standard" graphics,
sound, ethernet, keyboard, mouse...no modem, no firewire, no monitor,
no camera.

The problem arises when I try to turn my (end-user level) requirements
into names of specific hardware pieces that can be pulled off a shelf.

I need to write a user2component requirements translation program!  :-)

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714