Hackable Linksys router info

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 18 19:28:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:19:29 -0500, Mike Newman <tlug-Kmn+IJ3LNoALdU66LFfYcQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Paul DiRezze wrote:
> > I've heard tell of a Linksys switch or router that uses Linux and is
> >  hackable.  Anyone got a link handy that provides some details?
>
> Several people have pointed out the WRT54G. I recently discovered the
> NSLU2, a network-attached storage unit:
> http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article85.php
> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/
>
> It seems that the USB ports make for a much more hackable device. It's
> definitely on my Christmas list. ;)

You mean like how one hacks an XBox so as to install Linux?

The "Software preparation" involves copying a savegame onto a USB memory
stick/camera/mass storage device; using the "Dashboard" (XBox built-in
menu thing)
one copies the savegame to the hd; Run MechAssault, and load the savegame.
*POOF*  You have just replaced the "XBox Live" internet conneciton icon with a
"Boot Linux" icon!  Sweet hack, eh?

http://www.xbox-linux.org

--
taa