Hackable Linksys router info

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 18 15:49:22 UTC 2004

 --- Paul DiRezze <pdirezze-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I've heard tell of a Linksys switch or router that
> uses Linux and is
> hackable.  Anyone got a link handy that provides
> some details?

Yes, the Linksys WRT54G wireless router runs Linux and
CAN be modified, here are a few links:

 http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html

http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/LinksysWrt54g

You can order the source code for the router here (at
$9.99 U.S.):

 http://www.linksys.com/support/gpl.asp

Remeber that the GPL requires that the source code be
made available, it doesn't say the source code must be
made available for free, a point Linksys seems well
aware of... Still, at least they (after some early
problems) seem to at least be following the letter of
the GPL (unlike some firms...).