A Couple of Incoherent Questions

Brian K. Garel BGarel-Dc855NvzOYgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 17 21:08:34 UTC 2004

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 02:59:57AM -0500, Brian K. Garel wrote:
>

>>I'm going to beat you!  :)
>>

>You have to find me first to do that.
>
>Besides I am just trying to teach good netiquette here.  Some people who
>grew up on microsoft products just don't know these things.
>
>There should be a rule that all software must default to follow old unix
>conventions, and all other features must be explicitly enabled by the
>user.  That should help with all the crap outlook generates by default.
>
>There just is no excuse for a programmer releasing programs with bad
>defaults.
>
>Lennart Sorensen
>--
>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

I know you're not meaning anything by what you've been typing...I also
did NOT know that I was going to open a big can o worms by asking about
my silly little dsl distro  :)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your help...I think I have this thing
pretty much configured the way I wanted it in the first place now.

Cheers,