A Couple of Incoherent Questions

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 17 01:15:03 UTC 2004

> Sorry!=0D=0A=0D=0AI'm at the office using Outlook...can't do anything from =
> here about the=0D=0A^M's.

Please realize: There's a pretty strong argument for blocking all access
to ANY kind of mailing list to anyone using Outlook in any capacity.

On a typical day I receive on the order of 4000 spam messages that
likely largely result from bozos on this and other mailing lists that
use "Microsoft Outhouse" as their mailer that then get hit by some
mailer virus that forwards every email address it can find to everyone
it can find.

It strikes me as ludicrous incompetence for anyone to use Outlook,
period.

It's a giant virus vector, and I think it's silly that mailing list
administrators continue to put up with people using it, because it
_directly_ leads to security disasters that inconvenience everyone.
--
"cbbrowne","@","linuxfinances.info"
http://linuxfinances.info/info/multiplexor.html