Firefox compatibility for VS.net Web apps?

Oliver Meyn lists-tZhE6lH4Esk+k03BA+Hq9g at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 16 20:36:17 UTC 2004

Aaron Vegh wrote:
> This is funky stuff

Funky is one word...

> None of the features above work outside of WinIE. Do you suppose that
> these behaviours could be a result of broken adapative rendering, as
> you suggest? Or is there something more at work?

This smacks of proprietary extensions.  IE has lots of these - the one I
was burned on many moons ago is modal dialog boxes, which sure seem like
a nice idea until you learn the client was wrong and told you they use
version 5.5 when really they use 5.01 or somesuch.  Then you realize
that writing spec conformant html and css is the only sane choice.  But
then, they use IE, and worse still IE on Macs, which means the sane
choice is obviously not of interest.

Good luck,
Oliver