FIrst meeting in Mississauga Dec. 7 at Mulligans Pub & Grill

Bill Mudry billmudry-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 16 03:44:18 UTC 2004

ITS OFFICIAL!

   The first Linux Users Group to serve the area west of Toronto
   will meet:

   When: December 7, 2004

   Time: Formal time is 7:00 pm.
                 I will be there by 6pm, so if you can come earlier,
                 you are welcome. The Pub is open till 12:45, so
                 if you cannot come right away, there should be
                 some of us still gathered for at least 2 -3 hours.

   Where:        Mulligans Pub & Grill
                 2458 Dundas St. W.
                 Mississauga

   Directions: Mulligans is on the west end of the Woodchester Mall,
                  on the south side of Dundas, west end of Mississauga
                  between Erin Mills Parkway and Winston Churchill.
                  It occupies the corner of the strip of stores.

   Highways:
         - From Oakville to Hamilton and beyond, take the QEW
           eastbound and then the 403. Get off at the Dundas
           exit and head east past Winston Churchill to Woodchester.
           Turn right and take the entrance to the Mall right there on
            your left. Mulligans is right there.

           If you overshoot Dundas, just get off the 403 at the
           Winston Churchill exit and head south back to Dundas and
           turn left (eastbound). The mall is one long block east. Even
           if somehow you missed that exit, you can get off the 403 at
           Erin Mills Parkway, head south and turn right onto Dundas at
           the police station.

         - From Toronto, just travel on the QEW and head north on
           Erin Mills Parkway to Dundas or use the 401 to the 403 and
           use any of the three exits from the 403 above to head south
           to Dundas and to the mall.

   Some things about Mulligans that won my choice:
                 - A good variety of food, $6.50 - $14.50 per plate.
                 - Tuesday is wing night! $0.65 per wing :-)
                 - No bands on Tuesdays. Quiet enough to talk.
                 - Open late till 12:45. Lots of time
                 - They can supply an area where we can all be together.
                 - They can handle individual bills.
                 - Bus access is very close (Mississauga Transit)
                         - Rte #31 north & south
                         - Rte #1 all the way to the Islington Station.
                 - Should we still wish to meet come warm weather, they
                   even have a fenced in outside patio area.

There is no formal need to make any reservations.
....... However, if you intend to come, please email me to either TLUG,
newTLUG or my email address of billmudry-ld0jrThsSZM at public.gmane.org This will allow me
to tell the pub roughly how much space to set aside for us.

Suggestion: Anyone with laptops, consider bringing them. We can share
our interests, perhaps show off projects we are doing after the meal, help
someone know how to do some things and just have a good time getting
to know each other. There will be time to hear from all who attend what
the would like to do in future meetings.

If anyone has extra distro or software disks for trade or (inexpensive) sale,
bring them, too. Someone else may go home happy to have some install
disks they wanted. If you have a favorite "right arm book" you would love
to recommend, feel free to share that with us, too.

If you wish more details or have suggestions, you may also phone me
at 905-822-6088.

See you all there. The Penguin and I will be waiting for you!

Bill Mudry

(PS. - feel free to use this announcement if you would like to put up
some flyers. Just exclude this PS).