lunuxcaffe; logo contest - mystery font

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 16 01:07:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 09:22:49PM -0800, Lloyd D Budd wrote
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:17:01 -0500, Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> >   Another area where Gentoo rocks... install <pruned> or <pruned> with
> > only text-console; no X; no GNOME.  Now try installing GIMP.
> Save yourself a lot of time and trouble , just install Debian ;-)

  I was running it a few months ago... until the latest versions of Real
and Firefox refused to install because of outdated GTK libs in Debian's
stable version.  I switched to CRUX, which is halfway to Gentoo, but I
wanted more control, so I eventually bit the bullet and am now running
Gentoo on my "toy" system (400mhz PII, 128 megs RAM, 3.2 gig harddrive).
In another few days, assuming no showstoppers, I'll be ready to install
it on my "hot-backup" machine pretending that it's "production".  I'll
run it a few weeks there, and then on to the real "production" machine.

An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
and has a lower TCO, than linux.