ComputerFest now CompuSale

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 14 03:02:57 UTC 2004

It's basically the same deal at the same venue, but the name has changed.
They've asked me again to give advice at the help desk, so I'll be there
Saturday and Sunday, working whatever servings of pizza and coke they'll give
me.

My experience at the help desk kind of veers between very basic questions from
people thinking they'll be ripped off, but don't know enough about computers to
know for sure; to geeks playing a game of "stump-the-help-desk". Of course,
most of the patrons fall somewhere in the middle, and many just want to make
stimulating conversation about motherboards, cards and peripherals. It's a
really fun experience, and a great way to meet people and relax.

ComputerFest will take place Nov 26-28 at the International Centre, Hall 1, at
Airport Road. If you are interested in helping out at the help desk, call:

Ryhan Ahmad
CompuShow Productions Ltd.
Tel: 416-746-8684
Fax: 416-746-0048