cheap motherboards

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 14 01:08:09 UTC 2004

>ECS 741GX-M
>$52.50  CAD , but only FSB/DDR 333 , Linspire lists it as compatible .

I've got a couple of Athlon machines that use ECS boards. One runs
Mandrake 9.2 and the other runs Libranet 2.8.1 -- neither distro had any
problem with the SIS chipset or on-board video. I noticed on the ECS
site that this board has a 4x / 8x AGP slot, so you have the option of
disabling the  integrated video if you so choose. They are inexpensive,
but its been my experience that they work pretty well.

John