Java Virtual Machine

Chris Gow sniffy-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 13 17:13:25 UTC 2004

On November 13, 2004 09:20 am, Micah wrote:
>    I am trying to install a tutoring-package on my
> Redhat FC2 machine. My Mozilla (1.7.3) needs to have
> the JVM plugin. I have gone through downloading it,
> creating a link from the Java plug-in to the Mozilla
> plug-ins directory - but, no luck.
>    Java does not appear in the "About Plugins)
> directory.
>    The "enable Java" box is checked in Preferences.
>
>    It's a very straighforward install by all
> appearances.  What have I forgotten to do?
I went to java.sun.com and the only 'plug-in' reference I found was for WinXP,
so I am going to make the assumption that you downloaded either a JDK or a
JRE.  IIRC, there are three shared objects you can select from. On my
environment (jdk1.4.2), I have: ns4, ns610 and ns610-gcc32. I believe for
mozilla, you need to create a symlink/copy the so in the ns610-gcc32
directory.

hth

-- chris