Connecting to Sympatico via modem on Linux

Paul DiRezze pdirezze-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 12 18:49:54 UTC 2004

Ok, the computer sees the modem, dials and seems to connect correctly with
Sympatico's modem but something is screwing up at this point because it
just hangs up and re-dials.  I keep changing settings from what I can glean
from Windoze and Mac dial-up instructions but no luck so far.

Does anyone have any experience connecting to Sympatico using a modem under
Linux (Fedora Core 3 to be exact)?

Here's what I've dug up so far:
http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&content_id=1109&category_id=111
http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&content_id=1408&category_id=109