6 men and Bell Canada

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 12 05:53:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, James McIntosh wrote:

>  Tuesday night, I walked from Christie Station south along Grace Street to
> Harbord.

So far so good.

> At Harbord, I asked a gentleman about cafes in the neighbourhood.

If you were walking on the left of the road as you walked south along
Grace St you were right there when you got to Harbord.   The Caffe is on
the corner.

> I walked west to 326 Harbord.
>
> 326 Harbord is the Bickford Park.

Actually it is immediately cross Grace from the park.

> At Ossington, I used a pay-phone to call Bell Canada information (411),
> and asked about Linux Caffe, previously Caffe Bickford.

Can't comment on Bell Canada :)

> I could tell that she was getting tired from me asking so many questions
> and taking so many minutes,
> but I really thought that the place existed.

It did er I mean does.  It was quite full.  Too full.  The meetings are
going back to U of T.  The use of the park has been suggested for summer.

> 6 men accumulated in a cafe, named Harbord Street Cafe, or similar,
> frustrated at being unable to find Linux Caffe.

Sorry to hear you were unable to find it.

> 5 of us walked over to the Galbraith Builing at U. of Toronto,
> and found the old meeting place totally empty,
> with a sign on the room's door directing us to 326 Harbord Street.

At least you could read my writing :)

> Does the building have a sign:
> - Caffe Bickford ?
> - The Bickford Cafe ?
> - The Linux Caffe ?

When I arrived (just before 7:30) I'm not sure.  I know if had the number
326 marked on the door by the time I walked out after the talk.  When the
number appeared I amnot sure.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.