Non Winmodem PCI card

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 11 17:39:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 09:35:52AM -0500, Paul DiRezze wrote:
> Anyone know the make and model of a non-winmodem that comes in the form of
> a PCI card and that's Linux-friendly.
>
> I'm installing Fedora core 3 for my Dad and he only has modem access.
>
> Thanks in advance

I believe US Robotics makes one. The 5610B for example (USR Performance
Pro).

They also have an external serial one.

Gentek (used to be GVC) also has one: MD0321

Others make some too.

Finding them in stores on the other hand may be harder or may require
special order.

Generally if it says 'works with DOS' then it works with Linux too.

Lennart Sorensen