text browser with tables and javascript support

John Vetterli jvetterli-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 9 17:46:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:23:58 -0500
lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org (Lennart Sorensen) wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 11:50:18AM -0500, Matthew Godycki wrote:
> > Lynx, links, and elinks are all great.  Elinks in
> > particular seems to be nice with it's table support.
> > However, none support even basic JavaScript.
> > Anyone know of any other text based browsers that
> > would fit the bill?
> I thought not supporting javascript was a security feature... :)

My text-based browser of choice is w3m, which also does tables, but
still no JavaScript.  I agree that no JavaScript can be a good thing.

http://w3m.sourceforge.net/

Side note: If you run w3m in an xterm, w3m can display images in the
xterm window.  Of course, this defeats the purpose of a text-based
browser, so you may want to disable it when you compile.  It looks neat,
though.

JV