Talk Update - Nov 9

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 9 06:00:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Mike Waychison wrote:

> No projector :(   Oh well, then I won't have to update my slides ;)

We're flying by the seat of our pants this month.

> If we have a whiteboard (I can bring a really small one..) or better

Bring it along just in case.

> yet, one of those old-school paper boards with tear-off paper, it may
> help me portray some of the visual aspects of the talk.
>
> Even w/o these, I'm sure I can congure something that will keep the
> group interested :)

Excellent.  Thanks to Mike and William for both responding on such short
notice.  I'm sure it will all be right on the night :)

> PS: has anyone considered turning off the no-reply-to-sender feature on

Uh oh reply-to has been mentioned.  Run run! :)

Procmail can be used to setup reply-to exactly as one wants it on a list
by list basis.  I have this for a few other lists (but not this one).

Here is an example which adds a reply-to for a list which does not include
one.  The format for the general case should be pretty obvious from this:

# Add Reply-To to HUMBUG General list
:0 cfw
* ^X-BeenThere:.*general-4g8jTFK+7AdRZ+SUJDZd4flzjL+c3r5J at public.gmane.org*
| formail -a "Reply-To: general-4g8jTFK+7AdRZ+SUJDZd4bpzq4S04n8Q at public.gmane.org"

*** Warning.  Do not play with procmail on an account with real mail.
Procmail can be very unforgiving.   That is all. ***

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.