timlug

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 7 15:47:42 UTC 2004

I want to set up a mailing list to troubleshoot with -- and meet --
other linux users in Timmins (I hear there are a few). I'll probably put
up a poster at the local Internet cafe about it.

I tried this in yahoogroups. I learned quite a bit so I'm glad I did it.
However, I realize (correctly?) now that you have to have a yahoo email
address to join. That will limit prospective members more than is
acceptable. How would I set up a mailing list (I don't care if it has
ads) so that peole will find it by googling 'timmins linux' (or
somesuch) and can join from their own email address?

I don't mind ads and I don't mind paying (a very little, I hope) but
people have to be able to use their own email addresses. That way I can
put the link for subscribing on a business card o rposter and people can
join w/o joining yahoo or whatever.

Chris